Skip to main content

Big Collaborations

November is upon us and its time to take it up a notch. I have two objectives to focus on during the next week:
  1. Contribute to an external open source project 
  2. Contribute to an internal open source project run by my classmates
For the external open source project, I chose to contribute to vscode. Personally, I use visual studio code and being able to get involved is very electrifying for me. 

After looking through the issues on the project, I found this issue. With the help of another contributor, I got a sense of direction of where to tackle the issue.

For the internal open source project, our class is responsible for redesigning the Planet CDOT where it tracks and displays blogs of students and their participation in open source. I had my mind on learning new technology and i was circling around doing some with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment. I decided to help another classmate set a pipeline for CI/CD with Jenkins. Collaborating with someone on this issue will be less stressful and an experience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Contributions

As the final weeks of our semester approaches, i submit my last two pr. During these months i have learned many things and had fun doing it. Working with Github and Git was the best learning experience i had throughout the months. I also had the opportunity of researching and experimenting with open source technologies. Overall everything i learned from this course i will for sure use, for instance, using git at the workplace or use of open-source technology for other projects. I took the time this week to review the requested changes made to one of my pull request that i had made to vscode. I managed to close two changes but i have one more change request to make before i could ask them to review it again.  Last week my plan was to learn more about Lighthouse and implement it into our course project. After a few days of working on this issue , i came to a conclusion of using the following code as my solution: " lighthouse-index " : " lighthouse http://localho

Rhymus Application

The last day of Hacktoberfest is here and I submit my last pull request. It has been a great exposure to the open-source community. Before starting hacktoberfest I set two goals: Git - How to use git C# & TypeScript - Learn new languages Working with multiple projects, I managed to get a hang of using git. Unfourtonalty I didn't have the chance to give C# & TypeScript. My plan is to focus on this goal for the next month as we dive into working with big open source projects. rhymus This week I had the opportunity to work on rhymus .  the bug was to display the score to the player once the game was over. At first, the developer wanted the score to be displayed in a pop-up. I tried using javascript alert() method on but it didn't look very user-friendly, so I decided to come up with a design and suggest it to him. I decided to add the scoreboard on the card once the game was over and would be removed for a new game. Afterwards, I made the pull request and

Here i come Hacktoberfest

An amazing opportunity has appeared for me, giving me the chance to get involved in the open-source community. Its  Hacktoberfest  in a few days and I'm super excited to get my hands wet with some code! Hackertoberfest is an event hosted by Digital Ocean every October to get people involved and contribute to open source projects. As a beginner in the realm of open source, I will be participating in this event to reach the two goals I have set for myself. Click here for more information about Hacktoberfest Goals Git The first goal is learning more about how to use git. If you have been reading my previous blogs, I'm new to using Git and I have been learning the basics for over the past few weeks. But I feel like there's still more to learn and experience with Git. Participating in this event will help me utilizes that and help me become proficient in it.  C# & TypeScript The second goal is to learn a new programming language. My focus will be on C#